- Open the “Object Definition and Containment” interface. Add a new object called “Part1.” The object Part1 will be displayed in the default image “Blue Box” of Simcad Pro.
- Open the “Resource Definition” interface.
- In the name field, type “Resource1.” In the Available number field, enter 1 and then click “Add.” This will create the definition of 1 resource of type Resource1.
- Create a start process that creates objects of type Part1.
- Create a generic process, and set its default timing to 5.
- Create an end process.
- Create a connection from Start to Process1. In the connection properties, select “Resource Constraints.” Set 1 for the required number of Resource1.
- Create a connection from Process1 to End. Open “Resource Constraints” and set the required number to 1 like before. Resource1 is now shared between 2 connectors.
- Run the simulation, the resource moves with the part along the connection line between the processes.
Link to Defining and Applying Resources to Connection Lines (PDF)