Inter-warehouse or inter-factory movement is vital to the success and efficient running of any logistics business. Because there are so many different variables that need to be considered when thinking about conveyor systems, it is useful to weigh all of the available options. Because this can a costly and time consuming project, Simcad Pro allows the users to implement different conveyor systems to optimize efficiency and cut costs.
Simcad Pro’s patented dynamic simulation engine allows the users to create, observe and analyze different conveyor behaviors and how each one affects the overall productivity of the system. Simcad Pro allows different users to collaborate on the same project, allowing each to add their own annotations and information to the model as it expands. Through the different settings within the Simcad Pro system, users can change between a push/manual conveyor system and an automated conveyor system. These changes can be made “on-the-fly” so the users can see immediately how such changes will improve or change their current system.
Within the model, the users are able to see where backups or bottlenecks are occurring. Because they are able to visualize where problems are occurring, they can make necessary changes. Conveyor types, settings, timings, pathways, etc…can be changed in order to reduce bottlenecks and increase productivity and efficiency. Simcad Pro allows the users to import historical data and retrieve live data from external sources in order to generate quality, reliable information.
Simcad Pro’s dynamic simulation software allows the users to import CAD layouts into the model to ensure the correct distances are calculated to generate the most accurate data possible. From there, different pathways can be investigated in order to find the most efficient way to get products from one place to another. Data is generated immediately to show the users the different effects the changes have made to the system as whole.
- Ability to import data from external data sources
- Ability to calculate different components of products, such as weight, volume and sizing constraints, and chose the conveyor system best suited for these constraints
- Calculate accumulation lane release information to minimize re-circulation
- Evaluate different merging techniques and timings to see how many of a product to release and when
- Automatic distance calculation based on CAD layout
- 2D and 3D representation of model
- “On-the-fly” changes can be made to conveyor systems to see how such changes affect the overall productivity of the system