This tutorial covers the use of polling throughout multiple conveyors within a model.
- Split the conveyors into four different paths from a single Start Process
- Add in multiple processes on the conveyors to force a stop in movement on the line
- Place connectors prior to each process and enable polling on the conveyor leading into the process, this will keep the line full while only allowing one object into the process
- Have one of the lanes join back into another mid lane, forcing an intersection behavior
- Create a group of connectors/processes to act as the beginning and end or each lane within the intersection, set polling rules accordingly
- Finally to add some randomness to the model apply a Least Busy Routing set up to the splits for each lane, then change the speed at which each lane travels