- Process Shifts - In this tutorial you will learn how to set up Shifts and how to apply them to processes, also how to properly set up the rest of the model to work with processes that are on set Shifts. By adding a Shift to a process it applies timing restrictions on that process, determining when it can and cannot perform work. This is very useful in many situations where departments or sections of departments are shut down during different times of the day.
- Start by switching to the Flow Properties tab
- Select Define Model Shifts.
- Enter: Shift 1 and click Add Shift Definition, add Shift 2 and Shift 3.
- Intersections - This tutorial will show you how to set up Intersections for Tuggers, Carriers and even objects to move through, by using the correct layout it's possible to keep multiple items from using the same intersection at once, furthering the realism of the simulation. This type of restriction is useful when using the same areas to move in different directions, as to not create cluster and to keep things moving smoothly.
- Open Objects and Containment
- Create Part 1
- Check Display Object Value
- Select Define Object Dimensions and 3D Control
- Change the color of the two new items
Tugger and Carrier Feature Part 2 - These two tutorial videos go over the Tugger and Carrier features of Simcad. These videos will teach you how to create both Tuggers and Carriers and what they can do, also how to set up a Tugger hook and release Carriers at any process, Read more
Tugger and Carrier Feature Part 1 - These two tutorial videos go over the Tugger and Carrier features of Simcad. These videos will teach you how to create both Tuggers and Carriers and what they can do, also how to set up a Tugger hook and release Carriers at any process, Read more
- Auto-Create Features - In this tutorial video you will learn how the new Auto-Create features help to maximize proficiency and minimize clutter in the simulation. Using these new features to your advantage will make building large simulations much easier with the proper set up. The Auto-Create Processes feature works seamlessly with user created Modules to model each new process generated after it. Build paths more efficiently with the new Auto-Create Path feature, it will automatically build connectors and connection lines adjacent to any processes selected.
- Start by adding a Start and End Process name them accordingly.